Eating a good balanced diet has always been associated with eating lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. This is because they are said to provide the necessary nutrients to our body thereby helping our body to function properly and efficiently.
But a lot of factors interfere with our getting the required nutrients naturally and we must hence depend on dietary supplements. These are manufactured in laboratories like Endomet and made available in the market after getting the proper sanctions and permissions.
As we all know nutrients required by our body include
- Proteins which are the body builders and healers,
- Carbohydrate which provides our body with energy,
- Fats which help to build brain cells and improve the quality of our skin and
- Vitamins and minerals which are required in minute quantities for the proper functioning of the various processes of our body.
Benefits of dietary supplements
These dietary supplements developed after a lot of research by well-known laboratories like Endomet are absorbed in the body in the same way as natural nutrients. They help our body by enabling:
- Good and proper metabolism: The dietary supplements help in the
- Breaking down of nutrients like fats, carbohydrates and proteins and
- Absorption of their end products as well as other nutrients.
- Repair and maintenance of tissues: Our body tissues have to suffer from a lot of wear and tear throughout our life. Dietary supplements stimulate certain specialised cells in our body which ensure that
- These damaged tissues are immediately repaired and
- Worn out tissues are replaced by new ones.
They also help to strengthen our bones by providing the necessary amount of calcium and also facilitate growth and proper development of tissues.
- Disease prevention: Due to the insufficient availability of nutrients, our body becomes prone to a number of diseases due to the weakening of our internal immunity system. These dietary supplements ensure that nutrients are available to our body in their proper and regular doses thereby preventing diseases and illnesses from taking a firm hold on our body.
Hence it can be summarised that dietary supplements are essential for our body because
- They make up for deficiencies of essential nutrients in our body,
- They increase the performance of the various processes of the body as well as bring about an improvement in our mental and physical abilities and
- They are conveniently and easily available.
Dietary supplements should not be used to replace naturally occurring nutrients. But they do go a long way in aiding and abetting the work of the natural nutrients and should be made a part of our regular diets.