As per the statistics available, more than 4 billion people use spectacles due to some vision related problem. In the USA itself among the adults, almost 75 per cent people are using some kind of correction devices to read and write. Among them 64 per cent are using glasses. Therefore, according to World Health Organization almost every 6 out of 10 adults in the world depend upon glass in developed countries.
Looking at the above data, if you find that you have perfect eye sight then you must consider yourself lucky and congratulate yourself that you have born with good genes and have a normal eyesight. You are saved from doctors visit and spending plenty of dollars on doctor’s visit, glasses, contact lenses or undergo expensive surgery when you are in your old age.
However, there is a word of caution, as our eyesight can be affected due to constant exposure to UV light under direct sun, spending plenty of time just looking at the TV screen or computer screen. In case you already have crossed 40 years of age then you are most vulnerable as your lens of the eye will have variation and you need to visit an eye specialist sooner or later,
Signs that you need glasses
There are few signs that will tell me that I need to visit an eye doctor near me. If you continue to neglect the warning signs then the eye problem can take a serious turn. Following is a list of warning signs that tell you need to wear glasses:
- You get difficulty in seeing or identifying any object properly both from distant as well as from close range. This is called astigmatism and you must consult any doctor.
- You may get blurred vision which indicates that you have a chance of hyperopia and this is also known as farsightedness.
- The distant object always remains defocused which is known as myopia or nearsightedness.
- When you come from darkness to light or vice versa then you need some time to get adjusted.
- You have difficulty in seeing anything night or under darkness
- While reading, writing or working with computer you are squinting all throughout the time.
- Eye fatigue and often you feel strain in the eye. While watching TV or driving car you may feel stressed.
- Feel headache particularly under bright light.
- You are seeing two images of any object.